Friday, February 10, 2012

Episode 1: Top 10 Video Game Soundtracks

02/10/12  A podcast which shares, discusses and analyzes the best in video game music from all different generations.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys. After hearing your episode 175 on Matt Furniss I came back here to see what your Top 10 game soundtracks were. Was pleased that the soundtracks you chose were at least from the '80s and '90s, otherwise I wouldn't be familiar with them and likely wouldn't sympathize. I'm disadvantaged that I never played the super Nintendo in the '90s and very little of the NES in the '80s and '90s. So most of my favourite would be from the Sega consoles or from home computers e.g C64, Amiga & PC. I particularly like Izuho Takeuchi/Numata's music from Phantasy Star III and IV(GEN), not to mention Masaki Nakagaki who also worked on the music for PS IV. Matt Furniss's Puggsy soundtrack would also have to be in my top ten. There are some good C64 themes, perhaps the standout being Rob Hubbard's Skate or Die music. Scottish Barry Leitch did some great Amiga music, especially Switchblade II and Lethal Weapon. I'm less impressed by PC music, but Beneath a Steel Sky had a good soundtrack (composed by either David Lowe or Tony Williams).

    Possibly my favourite NES soundtrack is Ninja Gaiden(the first) by Ryuichi Nitta and Keiji Yamagishi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, I've just started listening this podcast. I had an Amiga 500 when I was younger, back in 1989, and I think the games of Psygnosis were those with better music tracks. don't you agree?

    ReplyDelete