This week, the guys take an in-depth look at the music of Yoko
Shimomura, one of the most legendary composers to have ever graced the
world of video games. Featuring a diverse playlist of tracks, spanning
over 22 years of Yoko! 01/13/13
I guess Yoko's music has become the best known, most respected, female-composed game music. My favourite female composer is Izuho "Ippo" Numata(Takeuchi) who did Master System music and then composed the majority of tracks for Phantasy Stars III and IV. If you're not familiar, this track "Skyhaven" from PS III is really beautiful. Sounds hymnal (I would not like to praise God to it though ;)). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIuXOJpaB-0
I guess Yoko's music has become the best known, most respected, female-composed game music. My favourite female composer is Izuho "Ippo" Numata(Takeuchi) who did Master System music and then composed the majority of tracks for Phantasy Stars III and IV. If you're not familiar, this track "Skyhaven" from PS III is really beautiful. Sounds hymnal (I would not like to praise God to it though ;)).
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIuXOJpaB-0